Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm Late. Where are my keys? Forgot to send a bill. Two projects due tomorrow. I'm so tired. Can't slow down...Going, going, going, on and on and on and....

DEEP BREATH.
STOP.

There are few moments in my life when I feel complete stillness. Not just in my physical body, but in my whole being. It is a moment that, if only for a split second, convinces you that everything is exactly as it should be in the world. REST.
I find rest in the beauty of this world; when I truly let myself break away from the clockwork.

We miss so much beauty everyday because we are slaves to time.
So slow down. Stop. Notice.

Surrender.




How sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank,
Here we all sit, and let the sounds of music
Creep into our ears, soft stillness, and the night
Become the touches of sweet harmony.
-William Shakespeare