Friday, October 8, 2010

Mad World

Lightening the mood a bit. Because it's Friday. And because I love you.

For those of you that don't watch Mad Men, you need to stop reading this immediately, give yourself a slap in the face, and get with the program. This triple Golden Globe winner has your 100% viewing satisfaction written all over it. Based in the 1960's, the show headlines a Rico Suave named Don Draper who is a head at a Ad firm(Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce) on Madison Avenue, and who spends his days juggling career and women* all with drink in hand.

I stumbled upon these old adds this morning, and in reading each one, thought to myself,
" What would Don Draper Do?"

Today, you are hired at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.
Your Assignment: Enjoyment. Easiest job you ever had.




"Goodnight sweetie... oh, and here's your revolver to snuggle up with."





Can anyone tell me where I can get some of these? Who doesn't want a pill that makes you slave away with the result of looking cute for your husband?!




Yeah... you tell me.





Why Lane Bryant doesn't still have this add is beyond me.





I just hope my Doctor smokes Camels... Doctors these days are just not what they used to be.




This is just plain wrong. There is no other way around it.

Would Don have approved? I guess we will never know. But here is one thing I know he would have approved of ...

The Classic Martini
2½ oz gin
1½ oz dry vermouth
3 Green Olives

It's a Mad World.
Happy Friday.